Sunday, December 16, 2012

FAQ's

In various conversations with friends and family, I've noticed several questions that keep coming up. Therefore I have decided to compile them in one location, along with the answers.


Q: What branch are you joining?

A: United States Air Force Reserve

Q: Will that be full time?

A: No, the Reserve primarily operate one weekend a month, with a 2 week tour sometime during the year. However, there is always that chance/oppertunity of more than that.

Q: Where will you be stationed?

A: Travis AFB in Fairfield CA. That is the closest base with a Reserve unit.

Q: Will you be living on base?

A: No. I will likely continue to live in Hollister. At least for the time being.

Q:Where is your training at?

A: Basic Military Training, Boot Camp, will be conducted at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antionio Texas.

Q: When do you leave for BMT?

A: 18 December, 2012. 

Q: How long is BMT?

A: 8 1/2 weeks.

Q: When is graduation?

A: Graduation from BMT is the 3rd week of February. Graduation starts on Thur and runs through the weekend.

Q: Will you have internet?

A: No. Should you wish to contact me, it will have to be via snail mail. See my earlier post, Mail Call, for more details.

Q: What will your job be?

A: 2T2, Air Transportation.

Q: What happens after BMT?

A: I go on to Ft. Lee VA for Tech School. That is where I am taught the basics of my job.

Q: When will you finish Tech School?

A: The third week of April.

Q: Are you done after Tech School?

A: No, I then have 3 months on the job training at Travis, AFB.

Q: Do you plan on switching to Active Duty at a later date?

A: Maybe. That's something I shall have to wait and see what the future holds. 

Q: What kind of Airplane will you be flying?

A: I won't. Most jobs in the Air Force are to support those who fly instead of actually flying.





No comments:

Post a Comment